MAC Satin Lipsticks

Here's another post about MAC lipsticks:)
This time I'm reviewing the satin finish lipsticks.
Left:Mocha, Right:X-S
Satin finishes are definitely more moisturizing than the matte finishes, they have a little bit more sheen to them, but they don't have as much sheen as a lustre, or cremesheen.  I guess semi-matte might be a good way to explain them? They have great color payoff though, you can probably see that from the swatches below.

Left: Mocha, Right: X-S
Mocha: Even though the packaging is from the Surf Baby Collection, the color is permanent so you can still get it.
I would say the color is a peachy brown. More of a spring/summer color that you could pair with a bold outfit or eye look.

X-S: I just looked online on the MAC website but I didn't see this one so it might have been discontinued :/
I would say the color is a brown, like a darker shade of the Revlon lipbutter in fig jam.  This one is definitely more of a fall/winter color.


I've reviewed a couple other finish lipsticks by MAC so here are some blog links:

I know I've already said this in my previous posts, but I love MAC lipsticks:)
The smell, the colors, the wear, and then they don't make my lips peel like some lipsticks do.  

Overall, I would say Satin finishes are a good choice for people who want a relatively longer wear without the matte finish.  I enjoy how long matte lipsticks last, but I like having more moisture and sheen on my lips so I prefer the satin finish to the matte finish.  

Are there any satin finish lipsticks that I should try? I only have these two so I'm looking for a good color to add:)

Comments