MAC Frost Lipstick

This time I'm reviewing a frost finish lipstick by MAC. A while back, I stopped by the MAC counter and asked for a color that would be a "my-lips-but-better" kind of color and the girl told me I should check out "angel".  At the time I was running low on time so I just took her word for it and bought it. 
But, that wasn't the best idea. (I've learned to try on lipsticks before you buy them. I know you can return them, but I'm just too lazy to)

Its definitely is not a "my-lips-but-better" its lighter than my natural lip color so it looks like I'm going for a semi-nudy lip. (not natural.) Or it just makes me look unhealthy because if my lip color was naturally like that, I would just be sick. haha I was talking to an Asian friend about how I bought angel and I didn't like it, and she actually told me the same thing. So maybe the color isn't too flattering for Asian skin tones.

Now onto the frost finish part of this lipstick. Out of all the finishes, I think frosts are my least favorite too....so that doesn't help add to the fact that I don't like the color too much.  Angel is one of the least frosty ones but you can definitely see the frosty shimmers in it.  I like the lipstick + lip gloss combo or just matte so the frosty shimmers are just kind of in between for me. I don't own any other frost finish lipsticks so I can't compare much so maybe there are less frostier colors that I don't know about.

In the tube: it looks pretty.

Swatches: They are both "angel" but I did one swipe for the top swatch and a couple swipes for the bottom to show how it looked like darker.
In the picture below you can see the frosty-ness of this lipstick.
In the swatches, the colors look darker but this color is definitely lighter than my natural lip color. And I don't have really pigmented lips.
Overall, this lipstick is probably one of my least used in my MAC lipstick collection.  I've never been a fan of the nude lip look and this comes too close to it.  I'd rather have color. So if you are going to pick this up I would swatch it in store and see if you like it or not.  The only problem I have with this is the color and the finish so nothing is bad about the wear time/color payoff/smell.  So it is a good lipstick!! But, just not for me.

Comments