MAC Amplified Lipsticks

So finally a lip stick review! I'm going to start off with my favorite lip stick brand EVER - which is MAC.

For this post I'm going to talk about the "amplified creme" finish lipsticks. For those of you that may not be familiar with mac lipsticks, they come in different finishes.  The amplified ones are super creamy and pigmented and I think they're a little bit more longer wearing than the cremesheen finishes. Not my most favorite, but I do like it.

Craving (above):a mauvy dark pink
 Dubonnet (above): deep red - in the swatch it looks bright red, but it is a darker red, not too vampy though
Chatterbox (above): summer color!! light pink/coral, a little neon-y.

Swatches:

From left to right: Craving, Dubonnet, Chatterbox

These are SO pigmented and smooth as you can see in the swatches, that;s only one swipe. So when I'm using Dubonnet, sometimes I like to dab it on so it's a more everyday wearable color.  You can actually do that for all of them if you think they are too bright for everyday wear.  I think Craving is the most wearable and Chatterbox is just a fun color for summer. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend MAC lipsticks!
They are:
  • pigmented
  • smooth/ creamy
  • smells nice - sweet scent but not too strong - I love the scent
  • normal wear time - not longlasting but you don't have to reapply all the time.
The only bad part would be the price.  They are $15 per lipstick so a little pricey, but you can always try them on at the counter/store to get one that you really like and it is worth the price:)

Do you guys have any favorite lipstick brands? Or favorite MAC colors I should try out? let me know :)

Comments