Nars Blushes

NARS blushes seem to be a pretty popular "high-end" blush.
Retailing for $29.00 on the NARS website, they are pretty expensive (at least for me).
The website describes these blushes as:
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application for even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.
  • Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades.
  • Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application.
  • Iconic NARS shades.
Currently there are 28 shades, and I own orgasm and torrid
The blush comes in a somewhat rubbery sleek black package with a mirror inside. They're pretty easy to carry around since they are pretty small.

Now, for the shades....

















Orgasm (above): Probably the best selling shade of NARS blushes. So naturally I also had to give it a try. I would have to agree with the website for the description of a "peachy pink with golden shimmer" It's a very wearable everyday color, very fitting for a natural makeup look. The golden shimmers aren't chunky so it just gives you a nice sheen. I don't know if the picture on the right really shows the color of the blush, but it does prove that its very wearable as an everyday natural blush.

Torrid (above): Described as a warm coral with golden shimmer.  This one is a little bit more darker than orgasm, and more orange-y. I would probably say it's more of a summery kind of blush.  This one is a lot more pigmented than Orgasm, so you have to make sure you don't go too overboard when applying this.

Torrid on the left, Orgasm on the right

Since I only have 2 shades, I can't really say much but I do like my NARS blushes, they are pretty price-y so I don't think I would go out and buy a lot more right now...but hopefully in the future. I'd like to pick up Taos and Mata Hari next.

Overall, I recommend these blushes if you want to spend about $30 on one blush.  The quality is definitely good, the pigmentation good, and they are very smooth (not chalky), but there are many other blushes that work just as well for cheaper. Orgasm is a very hyped up blush, but I would go to sephora and swatch some blushes just to see if there's a shade that you might like more. But as a starting blush, Orgasm would be a good choice.

I know that people have been saying that the blush from the Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder Kit is very similar to Orgasm, so I included a swatch of that in the picture below. (it's a little hard to tell... sorry :/ Orgasm is the second from the left, then Elf to the right of it) I wouldn't call them exact dupes.  The Elf one is more pink with a much more chalkier texture. Elf blushes are pretty good, but I think I'll write more about them on another blog post.


Comments