Concealers

Concealers are something that I can't live without... I rarely wear foundation to school or anytime actually. My usual routine is concealer for spots and undereyes and setting powder on top.

This is going to be a  review of my 2  favorite concealers right now.

My recent #1 concealer has to be the Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer (7).
This is a little on the pricey side at $32 but it does the job. 
I debated whether I should buy this or not for a pretty long time...and I finally caved in about 2 months ago.  

You really only need a little bit.

Pros:
  • Very long lasting - this doesn't fade as the day goes on.
  • Waterproof - I haven't tested this out at the pool or anything...but even if I sweat it doesn't come off
  • Has great coverage
  • A little bit goes a loooong way - I use this everyday but the tube looks brand-new
Cons:
  • The price.....
Sephora claims that this concealer could be used to cover "major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos" I don't know about tattoos, but it covers my redness around my nose and trouble acne spots for sure.


The next concealer is way more wallet friendly and its still a great product.
It's the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles (30 Medium)

This retails for about $7.94 at Walmart, $9.79 at Walgreens. 
I use this for undereyes and around my cheeks where I have a little bit of natural redness.
From maybelline.com: "Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly." 

Pros:
  • lightweight
  • Pretty good coverage, don't expect full coverage, but it is buildable.
  • The packaging makes the concealer easy to apply. Just dab.
  • Probably the best drugstore concealer I've tested out so far.
Cons:
  • I think it wears off a little bit as the day progresses, not too much though
  • I don't think I've heard about people having this problem a lot but my package broke the 3rd time I tried to use it.  I don't think it was my fault, but now I can't use the twist cap to apply I have to unscrew and put a little on my hand - so if the packaging breaks its pretty messy and inconvenient.
  • I don't know about the age-rewind component of this concealer... I can't really tell if the concealer is reducing the puffiness of my eyes....or fine lines (if I have any...?)
So these two concealers are part of my daily routine face makeup and I would recommend these products to anyone who is looking for a good full coverage concealer or a lightweight good drugstore concealer.

Just a little bit about undereye concealing, I get pretty bad undereye circles, so when I really need to lighten up the area under my eyes I use a lighter pressed powder just under my eyes to set my concealer. I don't know if that's the right thing to do but I think it brightens up my undereyes well.

before concealer  

after concealer
The pictures might not show much of a difference (due to my camera quality and lighting) but, in real life there is quite a difference when I wear concealer or not.

Comments