NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny

Since it's getting warmer and people want to look a little tanner, today's post is about the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in 720A Sunny.
I think I bought this because I heard many people recommend this product on YouTube. It was very inexpensive and I thought, why not? $2.79 at CVS $2.99 on the NYC website.  It comes in a compact form with 0.33 oz/9.4g of product and a mirror.  I was also drawn into the fact that this was a matte bronzer.

The price is amazing and the fact that this is matte is really nice as well, but I just don't like this. 
I don't get much color payoff from it.  It either blends into my skin tone too much or it just doesn't have much color payoff with one swipe.  As you can see in the swatches below, you can't really see the top swatch with just one swipe of product.  For the bottom swatch, I went over it about 4 times to get that color intensity.  

Another plus about this product: I like the color. It's not very orange-y like one of my other drugstore bronzers. 


Overall, I wouldn't recommend this if you think you are about the same skin tone as me.  If you are lighter then I think it'd be a really good bronzer.  Or if you want a really subtle bronzer I would check this out.  For now, I'm sticking by my benefit Hoola bronzer:)

Do you guys have any other bronzer recommendations? I'd love to check out some other ones. 

Comments

  1. I love matte bronzers, but I always have a fear if I use too much it will look like I have a beard. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! :)
      I know what you mean though... I'm always careful not to put too much on and to blend it out nicely. haha

      Delete

Post a Comment