Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows


I picked these up when I was obsessed with eye shadow. (I still love eye shadow but I'm not as obsessed as I was...haha) I never wore a lot of eye shadow since I didn't know how to apply it well on my eyelid shape. But after practicing I found a style that worked and that's when I started to wear eye shadow everyday.  I realized that if I wanted my shadows to stay on longer I needed a base.  I bought the too faced shadow insurance, elf eyelid primer, and urban decay primer potion but I wanted a colored base.  That's when I saw these. 
Even though these are eye shadows, I thought they'd work as bases too. They reminded me of MAC paintpots. I picked up two colors that I'd probably use most. Bad to the bronze and Tough as Taupe. These were $6.99 each at CVS. They sell for $4.99 at target though.

Tough As Taupe

Bad to the Bronze
The left bottom is Tough As Taupe, the top swatch is Bad to the Bronze.

Pros:
  • Long lasting - even on their own
  • Might be water resistant - I had a swatch on my hand and took a shower but they didn't come off completely
  • Variety of colors (colorful) - metallics coming out
  • Good color payoff
  • Can use as a base to build up eye shadow
Cons:
  • A little hard to apply
  • Bulky case - glass jar
  • Not many finishes to choose from - mostly shimmery
I ended up using Bad to the Bronze more but I like Tough as Taupe because of its' matte-ness.

I like these eye shadows and they're easy to use just as a swipe of color everyday but I wish they had more matte colors so I could use them as a base. (Like MAC paint pots). Definitely recommend them if your looking for long lasting shadow or a color base for your shadows.

Comments