Benefit High Beam and Benetint

I think these are my recently "re-discovered" favorites.
Benefit High Beam and Benefit Benetint
I got these a while ago when Sephora came out with their exclusive benefit lip and cheek kits. I  had always wanted to try high beam and benetint but I couldn't make myself buy the full size so I bought the kit that had both so I could try them.
I got the Sugarlicious Lip and Cheek Kit which was  $28 at Sephora (Sephora Exclusive).
It came with: 
- 0.13 oz Benetint
- 0.1 oz Sugarbomb
- 0.13 oz High Beam
- 0.22 oz Ultra Plush Sugarbomb
- Mini powder brush

I originally really liked High Beam since this was my first ever liquid highlight.  But I just stopped using it suddenly and as for Benetint I never really tried it out...haha I used it once on my cheeks when I bought it and I didn't like it much and then I used it on my lips and it dried them out so both of these got pushed towards the back of the drawer. haha

But, for some reason in February I decided to start using these again and this time I'm really enjoying benetint too. I still don't use it as a lip stain because this dries my lips out.  But for my cheeks, benetint gives me a really nice flush. And since it is a cheek stain, it stays vibrant all day long:) Sometimes I layer a blush over it as well but I love how it looks on its own.  In the bottle it looks a little scary but it doesn't dry dark.  I also like the smell of Benetint, it reminds me a little of mint. haha
High Beam is a nice liquid highlight that has a pink/silver undertone.  I had always used a powder highlight so this was a nice change.  I haven't tried other liquid highlights so I can't really compare this with anything else, but I think it's nice.  It blends well and it shows up on my skin.



Swatches:

The benetint swatch in the second picture is hard to tell, but it shows that it blends in nicely and it just gives you a little bit of color.  You could always layer it to make it darker but I like how it looks with just one layer.

To use these I just dab little dots on my cheeks and then rub it in/blend with my fingers.  Same technique for high beam as well. Just dab dots on where you want your highlight to be - bridge of your nose, upper area of cheekbones, etc and then blend.

Overall I would recommend both of these products.  But I don't think I would purchase the full sizes first. I'd try them out in a kit like this one and see if you like them because the full sizes have a lot of product in them and are pretty expensive.  (Benetint: $30 High Beam: $26) And if I was just going to get one, I'd get benetint.  I'm thinking about repurchasing benetint when I run out of this sample size.  But, so far I haven't even finished off a quarter of it so it'll be a while.

Do you guys have any liquid highlighter recommendations? I'm looking to try some new ones out. and What do you guys think of High Beam/Benetint?

Comments