Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio

Following the Wet n Wild blush review from yesterday, today's review is about the Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trios.  I own 2 out of the 12, Knock on Wood and Walking on Eggshells.  

Left: Knock on Wood, Right: Walking on Eggshells

The palettes come with a brush and a sponge tip applicator. I usually don't use these but sometimes if I don't have an eyeshadow brush I'll use these to apply my eyeshadow.


 The packaging on these eyeshadows are similar to the blush packaging.  Not too sturdy, a little cheap looking.  But these palettes are really cheap too.  They're $2.99 at Walgreens and CVS.

Pros:

  • Very pigmented. Just like the blushes, you can't really complain about the pigmentation.  Especially the darker colors.  
  • Very smooth.  Swatching them was really nice since the shadows are buttery feeling when you use them.
  • One word: price.
  • These are great to buy if you want to experiment with some fun colors too.  Some of the other palettes contain bright fun colors that you might not use everyday.  Since these are pigmented and cheap, these would be my go-to eyeshadow to use for fun makeup looks.

Cons:

  • A little bit of fallout in the packaging.  I haven't experienced crazy amounts of fall out, but I always use an eyeshadow primer with these.
  • The packaging for the Walking on Eggshells trio is a little defected. I didn't notice it when I bought it but the closure is really loose, which is a little problematic if you plan on taking the trio with you when you travel.  Definitely make sure you check the packaging before you purchase these.
  • In the two palettes I own, there are no matte finishes, so if you don't like using shimmery/frost finish eyeshadows you might not like these.


Swatches from the Knock on Wood palette:
Knock on Wood: swatches from top to bottom
I like the bottom color the best, its a deep brown/red and I was using it a lot in the fall.

 Swatches from the Walking on Eggshells palette:
Walking on Eggshells: swatches from top to bottom
From this palette I like the bottom two colors.  The brown is a perfect mid-tone brown, not too dark or light to use for everyday looks.  I use the bottom color to highlight my inner corner.

Overall, these are a great drugstore eyeshadow.  The smoothness reminds me of high-end eyeshadows and their pigmentation beats a lot of high end products as well.  I would recommend these palettes to everyone! Palettes like the Walking on Eggshells would be a good beginners palette and there are always bright colors to experiment with too:)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments