Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo has been a pretty big discovery for me.  I recently started to use it and I feel like I've been missing out all these years! haha

The one that I've been using is the Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo.

Before knowing about dry shampoo, I always had to wash my hair before going to bed or else I just couldn't sleep.  Then, a couple of months ago I heard that you can get more volume with second day hair + dry shampoo and so I wanted to try that out.

So when I went to Target, I picked this one up.  I didn't know what brand was good but since I always use the tresemme heat protectant I just went with this brand.

Here's what the tresemme website claims about their product:
THE FORMULATION: This Dry Shampoo, with Mineral Clay and Citrus, revives your fine, limp hair by removing excess oil and impurities and helping eliminate odor, leaving hair rejuvenated. 
I think this dry shampoo follows the claim pretty well.  If I was trying to describe this scent, I probably wouldn't have thought of citrus though.  But regardless, I don't mind the smell.  After I use this, my hair smells fresh.

This definitely does remove oil (or soaks it up) because my hair feels less greasy after using it.  A little trick that works for me is spraying your roots, then letting it sit for a minute, and then rubbing the dry shampoo in.  I think this absorbs the oil better.

I don't really have much to say about the volumizing claim though...I don't really notice a difference.  But, this does give my hair more texture which makes it easier to volumize?

One problem that I've had with this product is the clogging of the spray nozzle.  It says on the can that the nozzle can get clogged from the clay and when that happens, you need to run it under hot water.  I've already had to do that twice so it's a little annoying.

And since I've only used this dry shampoo before, I don't know if this is the case for all of them but by the end of the second day, my hair feels like it needs to be washed.  It's not necessarily oily, but it feels coarse and un-moisturized.  Does that happen to most other people who use dry shampoo? Or does that just mean that this isn't a good dry shampoo? 

Overall, I do like this dry shampoo.  It keeps my second day hair fresh. But, I need to try other dry shampoos to say if this is the best one.  I was thinking about picking up the batiste dry shampoo or the suave dry shampoo next.  Do you guys have any suggestions?





Comments