Mini Drugstore Makeup Haul

My physics lab ended early on Tuesday so I stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond after school to pick up some stuff:D

I picked up:
Sally Hansen's Miracle Cure Nail Polish
and 
Maybelline Electro Baby Lips in Oh! Orange!

Bed Bath and Beyond actually has a pretty good selection of makeup and nail polish.  If you have one near by, you should go check it out.  They had some recent drugstore brand summer collections out on display.

I wanted to get the nail strengthener because my nails always start to peel when I grow them out.  Hopefully this one works.  This was $6.39

I picked up the baby lips because I was:
 #1. interested in the packaging (is this limited edition?) 
#2. the color in the tube looked so vibrant 
#3. it's orange, I love orange lips for summer 
#4. I've never owned a baby lips...the packaging is so cute.
#5. it's only $2.99! 
Aaaaaand I ended up buying it. haha



The color isn't as bright as it looks in the tube.  It's a sheer but build-able color.  
And the scent smells like oranges :) The scent isn't overpowering though, and it goes away. (Does anyone remember the lip smackers lip balms? I loved those when I was little but those were really strongly scented)

 I compared some of my other orange lip products to this one:
from left to right: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, Maybelline Baby Lips Oh! Orange!, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Rendezvous

As you can probably tell from the swatch, the baby lips isn't as pigmented and it has a more sheer orange/clementine color.

I think I'll get pretty good use out of both products so I'm satisfied with my purchases! I'll probably do an update post on how the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure nail polish works.

Comments