Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses

I feel like I haven't done a beauty product review... so here's a review of the Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses :D

Left: Peony, Right: Fire

These are $6.49 at Target, $7.49 at CVS.  I picked both of these up at CVS.



The applicator is similar to the traditional doe foot applicator.  Except these are flat on both sides.  They're not that hard to use though since the applicator isn't flimsy.

The gloss is on the sticky-er side and more heavier than other drugstore lip glosses.  The stickiness and how it feels on your lips reminds me of the MAC lipglasses.  

The color payoff is pretty good though, as you can see in the swatches, with just one swipe you get a lot of color. (especially the red)  and since these glosses are a little heavier and stickier, they last longer on your lips.  Personally, I don't mind the texture of these.  I would probably use these more often if I had a color that I liked more.  Peony is a little too light and frosty for me and Fire is a color that I don't get a change to wear every day.  

swatches:
Top: Peony, Bottom: Fire

Peony: light pink, a little touch of coral, shimmery
Fire: firetruck red, no shimmer



After seeing a couple other reviews, the smell seems to be a con for some people.  I didn't really have a problem with it though.  To me it has a faint sugary scent but it's not really strong and doesn't last long enough to bother me.  

One thing I really like is the packaging.  I love the quilted pattern on the wand and the sleekness of the tube is also aesthetically pleasing (to me, at least. haha) I think it's one of the nicely packaged drugstore lip glosses.  

Overall, these glosses aren't bad, I just don't get enough use out of them to consider them to be one of my favorite drugstore lip glosses.  If you don't mind the heavy feeling of lipgloss and there is a color in this lip gloss range that you might enjoy, I would recommend picking one up.  If not, I don't think you're going to be missing out on much :)

Comments