Wet n Wild Coloricon Blushes

I'm excited to do this review :) I don't know why I hadn't done this review earlier.

Because, these are one of my favorite drugstore blushes, the Wet n Wild Coloricon Blushes. There are four shades: Berry Shimmer, Mellow Wine, Pearlescent Pink and Heather Silk.
Left: 834E Berry Shimmer, Right: 833E Mellow Wine
Left: 831E Pearlescent Pink, Right: 831E Heather Silk

The packaging is really simple and a little cheap. It has an all clear plastic lid and it comes with a brush.
 The brush isn't worth using because the bristles are stiff and the product doesn't get dispersed evenly.

Pros:
  • Very pigmented! as you can probably tell from the swatches.
  • Very cheap! These are $2.99 at Walgreens, and if I remember correctly they're the same price at CVS too.
  • A good amount of product
  • Different finishes - within the 4 shades there are 2 matte and 2 shimmery ones. Matte: Mellow Wine, Heather Silk.  Shimmer: Pearlescent Pink, Berry Shimmer.

Cons:
  • These only come in 4 shades.
  • The packaging is a bit cheap. I've been thinking about depotting these.
  • The brush is pretty useless.  I've never used the brushes in these.  I suggest using a blush brush.
  • You have to use a light hand with these, they're so easy to over-apply.


 Swatches in outdoor lighting:
Left to Right: 831E Heather Silk, 834E Berry Shimmer, 833E Mellow Wine, 831E Pearlescent Pink 
 Swatches in indoor lighting:
Top to Bottom: 831E Pearlescent Pink, 833E Mellow Wine, 834E Berry Shimmer, 831E Heather Silk   
My favorite shades are Mellow Wine and Heather Silk.  I think in general I prefer matte blushes to shimmery ones.  These are really pigmented so you need to use a light hand.  Especially with Berry Shimmer which is the most pigmented.

Overall, these are great cheap drugstore blushes:) It's a little unfortunate that these blushes only come in 4 shades.  The pigmentation is great and the blushes are very smooth. I would definitely recommend these to people who are looking for a drugstore blush!!

Let me know what you think of these or if you have any questions:)


Comments