Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils

The NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are a great multi-use product.  
You can use these as an eyeshadow base, eyeshadow, or an eyeliner.

Sorry for the blurry picture and the messy eye pencils >_<

Price: $4.49 at ULTA, $4.50 at cherryculture.com

They're a little bit smaller than a normal eyeliner pencil.  

One problem that I've had with these is how easily the cap cracks.  Even without applying too much pressure to the cap I get multiple cracks :/ None of them have completely cracked in half but I've taped up a couple so they don't crack all the way.

** You need an eyeliner pencil sharpener that can sharpen the bigger eyeliner pencils.  I bought my sharpener from Revlon.  The one that I have has two holes for the two sizes.  **

Swatches in outdoor lighting:
Top to Bottom: Yogurt, Slate, French Fries,  Milk, Sparkle Nude

  • I usually use the white one as a base.  A base to make my inner corner highlight eyeshadow to pop, or just to make my eyeshadows appear more vibrant. (Milk)
  • I use Yogurt and Sparkle Nude as an easy inner corner highlight or below my lower lash line as an eyeliner.  You can't really use these to get precise eyeliner lines but I don't really need precise lines for my lower lash line. Sparkle Nude has more chunky glitter in it.
  • I bought Slate to use as a color to darken my crease or outer V...but truthfully I haven't gotten much use out of this one.  I never really use dark black/dark grey shadows on a daily basis sooo....I probably didn't need this one. haha
  • I use French Fries as an all over lid color for a bronzy look. Or as an eyeshadow base for my brown shadows. When you blend out this color, it's not an intense brown so it's easy to use everyday.

Swatches in indoor lighting:
Top to Bottom: Yogurt, Slate, French Fries,  Milk, Sparkle Nude

If I had to pick my favorites I would probably say Milk, French Fries and Yogurt. I use those the most.

Overall, these are smooth and relatively long lasting eyeshadow pencils.  They do smudge a bit, but with an eyeshadow primer it hasn't been a problem for me.  These pencils also come in a range of colors so it's easy to use these as an eyeshadow base for colors that usually don't have eyeshadow bases.  They're not something to rave about, but they do come in handy for easy eyeshadow looks:)

As usual, if you have any questions let me know!

Comments

  1. I've heard so much about these eye pencils! I love how affordable and colorful they are~ :'D Thanks for the reviews~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my review:)

      Delete

Post a Comment