Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - Caviar Ink

I mentioned this eyeliner in my 2013 Favorite Beauty Products of the Year blog post (here).  But, I'm going to do a more in-depth review today:)



Sephora Website ($23.00)


Packaging:
The packaging for this eyeliner isn't anything special.  I think it's pretty typical for a gel eyeliner.  The jar is made of glass and the cap is plastic.  This doesn't come with an eyeliner brush, like some of the drugstore gel eyeliners.  The cap can be screwed on tightly so it prevents the gel form drying out.  The eyeliner package itself isn't big and it's easy to travel with as well.  

Formula:
I've been using this eyeliner for about half a year now and the eyeliner hasn't dried out at all.  (I've noticed that for some gel eyeliners, the edges of the gel start to dry up a little bit as time goes on, but not for this one).  The gel is soft and very easy to work with.  And even though I use this eyeliner everyday, I still haven't reached the bottom yet - meaning you don't need that much to get a solid line.  

Staying Power:
I've used this product both with an eye primer and without and I haven't had a problem with this fading throughout the day.  Once it sets and dries, I don't have to worry about my eyeliner flaking off.  Definitely long-wear.  I can't vouch for this being waterproof, but a little bit of water isn't going to make this budge.  haha

Swatch:
Color: 
It's a bit hard to tell from the swatch, but the color of this eyeliner isn't jet black.  I chose Caviar Ink because it was described as a deep dark brown.  The color is definitely darker than my ELF cream eyeliner (which I reviewed here), but it's not as dark as my KATE gel eyeliner (which I reviewed here).  It's the perfect color for using everyday because it's not as intense as using jet black, but it still draws attention to my eyes and makes them look more open/awake.  

 Overall:
I really enjoy using this gel eyeliner.  I had always heard good things about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners and I'm glad that I tried it out myself.  I still have a lot more product to use up, but eventually I think I'll repurchase/buy a different color of this gel eyeliner.  If you are looking for a gel eyeliner right now and are willing to pay a little bit more, I definitely recommend buying this one!  

post signature

Comments