BITE Beauty High Pigment Pencil - Chablis

 Recently my closest Sephora added a BITE Beauty Station/Corner and I was immediately intrigued by the brand.  (Typical Sephora addict...haha)  I went on a swatching rampage and ended up picking up the High Pigment Pencil in Chablis.  


sephora website ($24.00)


Packaging:
I really like the BITE Beauty packaging but I especially like the High Pigment Pencil packaging.  The pencil comes in a sleek rubberized texture tube (it reminds me of the NARS blush packaging).  The color indication marking is on the end of the tube.
The product twists up like the Revlon Kissable Balmstains, but the tube is much skinnier.  The point does get dull the more you use it, but I personally don't mind that.  At first, I had a bit of trouble trying to get the cap off, but once I got it off opening and closing the tube wasn't a problem.  The cap is very secure so there's no worry about the cap falling off in your makeup bag/purse.

Swatch: (one swipe)
Color/Pigment:
I would say that Chablis is a rose color with a bit of some coral in it.  It's definitely more of a summer-y/spring-y color.  Pretty much all of the high pigment pencils are SUPER pigmented (as you can probably tell from the product name).  And I like how I don't need to go over my lips many times to get a really pigmented color.

Finish:
These are more on the matte side.  Maybe not completely matte since they do give off a tiny bit of sheen but I would consider this a matte pencil.  

Scent:
I'm bad at describing scents....but here it goes....
I think it smells like a clay mask or just clay in general (kind of like a "au naturale" kind of product).  Definitely not a fruit-y or floral-y scent.  So if you are really picky about lip product scents, you should check these out in person before buying one. The scent does fade pretty quickly after you apply it, so it doesn't bother me.   

Lasting Power:
I do notice fading throughout the day and I would definitely choose to reapply after eating.  These don't really stain your lips but they kind of fade away gradually.  

Formula:
Even though the finish is matte(-ish)  this doesn't dry out my lips.  It definitely isn't substitutable for a lip balm but as long as your lips aren't super dry and flaky, using this wouldn't be much of a problem.  I also think that the pencil itself is much more softer/creamier than some of my other lip pencil products.  

Overall:
To be honest, I think I'll probably get more use out of this color in the spring/summer time.  I've been obsessed with darker lip colors this season and so far I haven't been reaching for this product that often.  But, that doesn't mean that I don't like it - I do like it and enjoy using it.  

As for the recommending factor, I would say that this product isn't a must have.  There are many BITE Beauty High Pigment Pencil shades so I would definitely recommend these if you see a color that you like.  But if you don't, I don't think you'll be missing out on much. 

As for the lip sticks, I haven't tried those so next time, I want to pick up a BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick.  I've been seeing some rave reviews about them.  Let me know if you have any colors that you'd recommend!


post signature

Comments