Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm - Sultry

One of my very first reviews on this blog was about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and (kind of) recently, Revlon added the matte balms and the lacquer balms to their collection.  After seeing some swatches of the matte balms, I immediately went and picked up this one.  I have been loving this color for the winter season so I thought I'd do a quick review.


Ulta $8.99
Target $6.49
I bought mine at ULTA but I wish I had gotten mine at Target now, after seeing the price difference. haha

225 Sultry


The packaging is matte, which is different from the packaging of the kissable balm stain.  But, everything else is the same.  Same size, same twisty bottom, same structure.  For some reason, I thought that this had more of a minty scent.  But after comparing the scents to the older ones, I didn't notice a significant difference.  
This color is perfect for this season.  It's not too dark so you can wear it in the day time with a neutral eye or you could do a more bolder eye look and wear this lip color for a night time/party look.  

This is a perfectly matte finish, but the formula isn't too drying. You definitely need to moisturize your lips first.  And make sure you wipe off the lip balm before you apply this because if you apply this on top of the lip balm, it comes off more easily.  I didn't have a problem of this wearing off too easily, but since it is a darker color, I would recommend to reapply after eating.  I also didn't notice that this stained my lips that much.  I personally think that the Kissable Balm Stains stay on longer.  
Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase and I have been using this about once a week.  The part that I like best about this product is how easy it is to apply.  Because of the pointed tip, you don't need a lip liner and you can easily pop the color on.  I don't think I'll get any of the lacquer balms because I didn't see any colors that stood out to me.  From the matte balms I might try Audacious for the summer time.  This isn't a must buy product, but I would recommend it as a nice matte drugstore lip color.
post signature

Comments