Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream - Spice Spice Baby

First makeup review post after I've been MIA for a while is going to be about my recent favorite "my lips but better" lipstick :D

It's the Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream 
(Spice Spice Baby)

Price: $21
Sephora Website
Too Faced Website


I originally wanted to get this because Jen from frmheadtotoe was talking about it in her favorite "my lips but better" lipstick video.  I didn't have any other Too Faced lipsticks, but when I swatched them at Sephora, they were super creamy so I decided to pick one up. 

The packaging...


It comes in a sleek gold tube and the packaging doesn't feel tacky or cheap at all - it has a nice weight to it.  The tube has the Too Faced name on the side and on the top.  The cap closes very tightly so there's no worry of the cap popping off in your makeup bag.  I've also been throwing this lipstick in purses, backpacks, makeup bags and the packaging hasn't gotten dirty or scratched.  The tube itself is a little taller and skinnier than my other lipstick tubes.  

The color/pigment: 
This color is a great "my lips but better color".  I agree with Jen from frmheadtotoe.  I usually like bold lip colors, but you can never go wrong with a good neutral lip color.   On the swatch it looks a bit red, but it's definitely a deep brown-ish pink.  This is a great work day/everyday color.  Over the past months, I've had a couple interviews and I've worn this lipstick every time.  I'll try to do a FOTD soon with this lipstick so you can see the color on my lips.
  

The formula: 
Like I mentioned above, the formula is super smooth and creamy.  I would say it's a moisturizing lipstick.  It doesn't dry out my lips.  But, it's a lipstick, so it's not going to replace a lip balm.  It also doesn't make my lips peel.

The staying power: 
Pretty average.  It's not a stain but at the same time, it doesn't come off right away either.  It's just a normal wear lipstick. Since this color is really similar to my natural lip color, I don't notice it fading in a weird way either.  I know that there are darker colors in the collection though, so I can't vouch for those.

The finish: 
Creme finish, if I would compare this to my MAC lipsticks, I would say it's closest to the satin finish.

The smell: 
Is difficult to describe.... I'm not good at describing scents and this scent is so inbetween which makes it difficult.  It's definitely not a strong scent.  I would say...more of the fruity side? The scent also doesn't last long after applying and it doesn't bother me at all.  

Overall: 
Yes! I would recommend this product:)  I don't hear that much hype about Too Faced lipsticks, but they're great!  I think I'll try and get a darker/brighter color next time to see how they wear.  The only downside would be their price...but I guess the price is pretty average for other brands in the same price range (Urban Decay, NARS, Make Up For Ever, Tarte, Smashbox, etc.)  So if you're already getting a pricey-er lipstick, try the Too Faced lipsticks!



What's your favorite "my lips but better" lipstick? 

post signature

Comments