Starlooks Eyeliners

Starlooks is a brand that I had never heard of until I received their eyeliners in my ipsy glambags.  I ended up looking up the brand online and they're actually a relatively expensive brand! Single eyeshadows were $12, blushes $17, lipsticks $12.  

I only own two of their eyeliner pencils, so this review is going to be about the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil and the Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil



$12.00

$14.00

Formula:
This isn't the "creamy" type of pencil eyeliner.  So don't expect a formula like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencils or the Milani Liquifeye Pencils.  The liner is harder and it's definitely more of a traditional eyeliner pencil.  I haven't had any problems of the liner breaking off after sharpening it or any problems of it melting. The formula reminds me of the super old school Covergirl brow/liner pencils.   

Packaging:
These look like the NYC or Wet n' Wild $1 Eyeliners.  Just a normal eyeliner pencil.  Not too thick, not too thin, not too long, not too short. haha 

The only minor problem that I've had is the cap of the Gem Eye Pencil.  And I don't think it's a packaging problem, but the cap seems a bit loose, so you really need to push the cap into place or else the cap becomes loose and pops right off.  The cap popped off a couple times and at first I thought it was bad packaging, but later discovered that I just needed to push the cap in more tightly.  oops :P

Swatches:


After trying to rub off the eyeliner:

I tried rubbing the eyeliners off with my hands and this is what happened.  The black one has more staying power. And as you can kind of tell from the picture, the sparkles from the silver eyeliner smeared everywhere.  But, when I wear these eyeliners, I don't have any problems with the wear time.  I don't have super oily eyelids so I can't say that these will hold up all day for people with oiler lids, but they hold up well for me.  (I always use eyeshadow primer, so that may make a difference).

Overall, I wasn't that impressed by the black eyeliner.  I could definitely find a black pencil eyeliner that performs just as well as this one but cheaper.  It's a good normal black pencil eyeliner but I definitely would not pay $12 for it.  If you're looking for a normal harder formula eyeliner pencil, I recommend Maybelline's Line Express Eyeliner - this was the first eyeliner that I ever bought, but it's good!

As for the Gem Eye Pencil, I think it's great unique product!  I've owned a couple silver/shimmery eyeliners in the past, but this one is packed with glitter.  The swatch above doesn't do it justice for the amount of sparkle is packed in the eyeliner.  I've used liquid glitter liners and they don't compare to the amount of silvery sparkle that I get from this eyeliner.  I'm definitely interested in trying out the other Gem Eye Pencil Colors and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a glittery eyeliner pencil.  

I think that the Gem Eye Pencils would be great for holiday looks.  I'm planning on using the silver sparkles for winging my eyeliner out for some festive makeup looks:)

post signature

Comments