NOTD #7

I'm sorry for the already chipped nail polish :(

For this NOTD I used:
Sally Hansen Miracle Cure Base Coat
Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Lacquer in French Lingerie
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

I bought the Rimmel nail polish on sale at CVS  a couple of years ago but never really used it.  In the bottle it looks like a pale pink color so I thought that I  could use it when I did french nails but the color ended up applying really streaky and white.  So instead of using it as a base color, I decided to do a couple coats to get an opaque finish.  Originally I though a couple coats, but it ended up being about 5 or 6 coats to build it up to the opacity that I wanted...And most times when you pile on too much nail polish, it chips easily so I'm afraid that chunks are going to chip off. haha
I love the brush on the Rimmel nail polishes though.  They're big and flat so it's really easy to paint your nail in one brush stroke (my nails aren't that wide).
I like how this color goes with pretty much any outfit you wear and it gives a sophisticated pop of color.  I like bright nail colors for the summer time and I think this color would be a more subtle alternative to white nail polish.
post signature

Comments