Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Flamingo Pose

I mentioned this lipstick in my July favorites post (here) and said that I would do a separate review on this product since I liked it so much.  So here it is!

These lipsticks come in a range of colors, I've seen nudes to deep plum shades and they all come in the sleek gold packaging.  The color on the bottom makes it easy to pick out which lipstick your looking for (it reminds me of the Covergirl lipsticks). 
 $5.49 on the Milani Website (here)

They're a relatively cheap drugstore lipstick but the packaging is still sturdy and the tube of lipstick doesn't shake inside.

I bought the color Flamingo Pose 12 since it seemed like a color I didn't own already.  It's a bright neon pink + a little bit of orange mixed in.  Definitely a great summer statement lip color.
Here's a swatch:

The best part about this lipstick is how it applies and the way it smells.  First of all...it smells like watermelon jolly ranchers. I love how MAC lipsticks smell but....fruity candy comes in pretty close. haha The smell reminds me of elementary school (we used to get jolly ranchers a lot) and summer.  A pretty good combination? haha

This also applies really smoothly and is opaque in one swipe.  It has a creme finish so it's not drying on my lips at all and the color fades away nicely (not like a ring around my lips)  

Overall, I definitely recommend checking out the Color Statement lipsticks from Milani because they're definitely worth the price.  I think I want to pick up the orange one, a red, and maybe a mauve-y shade when I can find them.  A lot of the colors aren't stocked at my local CVS so I'll have to look around and see where I can buy them.

Let me know if you guys have a color I should try out :)
post signature

Comments