Ipsy Glam Bag - August 2013

My ipsy glambag finally came :D

This month's theme was "Glamour Academy" and the products came in a purple/gold bag which was similar to the Pretty in Pink bag for April 2013's glambag.  I don't think I really like this month's bag though...purple isn't my color and the design is a little too flashy for me.


 This month's products:
 From left to right: Chella Dazzling dark brown eyebrow color, Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub, Noya Cherry Lip Balm, Pixi Lash Booster Mascara, Pacifica Alight Multi-mineral BB Cream

1. Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color
Full price: $18
I don't know if this is a full size but it's a pretty decent sized product.  I'm excited about this product since I was looking to try out a brow liner (not a powder, since that's what I'm using right now).  I'm just glad it's the right color for me.  After I made the swatch on my arm, I washed my arm to see if it would rub off, but the liner stayed put.  That's always a good sign for brow pencils because you don't want your brows fading throughout the day.  haha


2. Michael Todd true organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
Full size: $18 for 100mL
Sample size: 30 mL
I've never used a charcoal facial scrub but the scrub color is a dark grey/black so it's a bit scary. I think I'm going to use it tonight and see how I like it.  It says on the packaging that it's for all skin types so hopefully it doesn't react to my sensitive skin. The scent is...organic smelling.  I'm pretty bad at explaining scents, sorry >_<

3. Noya Cherry Lip Balm
Full size: $3.99
Full size lip balm :D I was kind of hoping that I would get the Urban Decay lipstick sample but....hopefully I like this lip balm a lot.  I haven't opened the package yet because I have so many other lip balms that I want to finish so I can't describe the scent.  I'm hoping that it doesn't smell like the cherry cough medicine because I can't stand that scent.  haha I also haven't heard of this brand before but from the packaging it seems like this company is all about the natural & organic stuff.  

4. Pixi Lash Booster Mascara
Full Size: $17 
Sample Size: It doesn't say on the tube so I don't know but definitely less than half size?
I was disappointed in this because when I opened the tube, the black stopper popped off...I haven't used it yet, but hopefully this will be good to use for my lower lashes. I always see pixi at Target, but it's a bit expensive so I never tried it out.  Maybe if I like this mascara (minus the bad sample packaging. haha) I'll try out some other pixi stuff.


5. Pacifica Natural Skincare Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream 
Full size: $16 
Sample Size: 0.34 fl oz / 10 mL
 I think I got a Pacifica rollerball perfume sample in another ipsy bag but I didn't like it because it was too sweet smelling.  This BB cream smells a bit like sunscreen, but I don't mind the scent at all.  The packaging is pretty cute too.  I'm kind of excited about this BB cream because it matches my skin tone, and it has a gold metallic sheen to it so I can use it as a cream highlight.  When I squirted it out on my arm, it didn't look like it had any metallic flecks in it, but it definitely has small gold particles in it - which is pretty, but I don't know if that would be great for a all over the face BB cream.  I tried to capture the sheen on camera, but I couldn't get a good representation of it :/


Overall, this bag was more of a miss for me.  I was hoping to get some other products that I had seen in other people's bags which probably increased the disappointment when I didn't get those products.  haha But, I still enjoy getting my ipsy bags so I don't think I'll be unsubscribing anytime soon :)

post signature

Comments