Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in Oh Orange

I think I mentioned that orange lips are one of my favorite summer makeup looks so naturally when I saw these in the store, I gravitated toward the bright orange one.  I don't own the original Baby Lips, so this is actually the only Baby Lips that I own. 

Price: $3.99 at CVS but they probably sell for cheaper at Walmart

The packaging is pretty standard for a lip balm.  The cap fits nicely so you don't have to worry about it slipping off in your bag.  I personally thing the Baby Lips packaging is pretty cute.  I like the original packaging colors, but the black + color is bold and cute as well.
The lip balm looks really bright in the tube, but it's not that pigmented.


This swatch is a couple of swipes of product, it was hard to see the color with just one swipe.  It's definitely a buildable color.


I would say it's not too pigmented to the point where you need a mirror to apply this lip balm, but it definitely tints your lips a little orange.  It's a nice light lip color to wear when you don't want to wear something heavy on your lips but you still want some color.

I also have Revlon's Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti which is an orange colored lip balm/butter but I would say that the Maybelline one is more slippery feeling. (if that makes sense? haha) The Maybelline one also smells like oranges which brings back the memories of all the scented lip balms that I used to have/love when I was in elementary school.

Overall, I like how this product applies and it's not a bad product at all - especially since it's so cheap, but I don't think I would use it every day as a lip balm.  I didn't find it that moisturizing and it didn't really keep the moisture locked either.  But, I do find myself reaching for this product when I want a light wash of color on my lips but don't want anything too intense so I think it was a good purchase.  For now, I don't think I'll buy the other colors or the original Baby Lips because I already have a lot of other lip balms to go through. haha
post signature

Comments