Dior Addict Lipstick - Dior Kiss

I caved and finally bought my first Dior lipstick!  These lipsticks are most appropriately named Dior Addict Lipsticks. haha 


Sephora
 ($32)


The color that I decided on was Dior Kiss, a very usable everyday medium pink color.

Packaging:
The main difference between the conventional type of lipstick packaging and these are the way you store them.  Usually the tube side of the lipstick is on the bottom and the cap is up.  For the Addict Lipsticks, the tube side is rounded so you need to store them with the cap on the bottom.  I just love how the tube is slim, and elegant looking.  I also love how the clear packaging looks. Sometimes when it catches the light, it gives off a iridescent shine. Definitely cuter than the Dior Addict Extreme Packaging (in my opinion).

That was a lot of information just about packaging haha.

Wear Time:
Since this is such a neutral pink tone and close to my lip color, it fades nicely and I don't feel like I really need to touch up.  It probably wears about 4 hours (?) - I haven't tested it out but I feel like it has a relatively normal wear time compared to my other lipsticks.  

The color shows up nicely in one swipe and it also leaves a slight sheen (lustre finish) on my lips.  It's also comfortable to wear,  it doesn't dry out my lips either.

In the tube, it looks brighter than what shows up on my lips.
Swatch:

This color is a bit more pinky-er than my normal lip color so it adds a nice subtle finishing touch.  The pink isn't too overpowering, and I could probably wear it with a no-makeup makeup look too.  

Overall,
I think I've found another MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick! I can already tell that this is going to be a color that I'm going to reach for when I need to do more professional looking (work) makeup.  The price is a bit steep...almost the same price as a YSL lipstick.  I don't think I'll be buying a lot of these anytime soon, but if I find a color that I like, it's going on my makeup item wish list! haha

Let me know if you guys have any Dior lipstick recommendations:D
post signature

Comments