Ipsy Glam Bag - July 2013

Hi guys!!
Sorry for not updating my blog much recently >_<

I've been a little busy with my summer classes....especially physics :P
Since I'm taking summer semester courses the course work for a normal semester is squished into a shorter amount of time which means more frequent midterms and finals are just around the corner....

But, I came home to my July ipsy glam bag a couple days ago, so here's a quick post of what I got this month.

First of all, the bag is clear, pink and plastic. I'm not a fan of the color pink but I like this bag.  For some reason the see-through plastic bags remind me of summer/beaches so I'm excited to switch out my old makeup bag and use this one for the summer time. (Plus its water proof!)

An overview of what I got this month:




1. bh cosmetics California Collection eyeshadows
Price: The full price of each of the palettes are $17.95, but I just checked the bh cosmetics website and they're on sale right now for $9.95! (click here) If you want to get these palettes I'd definitely get them now. 

I don't own any bh cosmetics palettes so I was excited that I get to try these out.
I really liked the color hollywood - a matte deep purple.  I don't own any colors like it. San Francisco was a shimmery brown color which I already own a lot of dupes of.  Malibu was a shimmery yellow gold.  I thought it would be like the color half baked from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, but its much more yellow than gold.  

Here are the swatches (from top to bottom): Hollywood, San Francisco, Malibu
The shadows didn't really impress me in particular but they seemed to be good quality.  I've been eyeing the big bh cosmetics palettes for a while now but I still can't decide if they're worth buying since I probably won't use the palette often....

2. Sexy Hair - Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
Price (full size) $19.95
Sample Size: 1.7 fl oz
It's a pretty good sized sample and it has a spray nozzle too.

I've been obsessed with the beachy waves kind of look for the summer time so I was excited to get this beach spray!! I can't decide what it smells like but it smells a little sweet.  This stuff is some really hard core beach spray. I own a couple other sprays but this one makes my stick straight asian hair the most wavy.  But the downside is it also makes your hair stiff and sticky easily too.  The waves don't last me the whole day but it also gives me volume.  I don't know if I'll repurchase this but it's definitely a good strong hold beach spray.


3. Benefit Benetint
Price: $30 for .4 fl oz
Sample Size: I don't know the exact sample size but its probably about half of the normal benefit sample sizes that you get with the benefit value sets.

I was hoping that I wouldn't get the benetint sample because I already have a benetint....but oh well.  I don't really use benetint that often, my lips are too pigmented for the stain to show up on my lips and I prefer using powder blushes on my cheeks.  


4. Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon
Price: about $4.17 for one, $25 for pack of 6.
Full Size!!

I got the color Fuchsia Flirt   It's not a color that I would choose normally, but the swatch on my arm looks like a nice summery color.  But, when I put it on my lips it came out a little streaky and highlighted the wrinkles/creases on my lips.  I ended up putting a lip gloss over it and the color looked a little less streaky.  So far, I think I like my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains more than these lip crayons.

5. COOLA face spf 20 Rose Essence Tint
Price: full size: $36 for 1.7 fl oz
Sample Size: 0.23 fl oz price would be about $4.87

I had never heard of this brand before but it doesn't hurt to try out new tinted moisturizers for the summer! haha The color is definitely too orange-y when first applied but since it has pretty much no coverage it blends into my skin color well.  I didn't really notice the rose essence smell...it just smells like sun screen?  I don't think I would buy the full size because I like using higher spf sunscreen and since this doesn't provide much coverage, I think I will continue to use my biore sunscreen underneath my face makeup.

Here are the swatches for the rest of the products:
From top to bottom: COOLA, Benetint, Pop

Overall, I thought that this bag was a bit of a miss for me.  Benetint, Pop Beauty lip crayon and the COOLA moisturizer were products I didn't really need.
The bh cosmetics eyeshadows and the beach spray were nice though! Hopefully next month's bag has more products that I enjoy :)  I still like ipsy though, I think they're a great beauty subscription service for $10! 

Comments