Givenchy Le Rose Revelateur Magic Lip Gloss in Perfect Pink

I know I haven't been very good with updating my blog recently (I'm sorry guys ><), but now that I'm done with midterm season, hopefully I can start updating a bit more :)

Anyways, I picked this up at a Sephora a while back.  The closest Sephora near my house doesn't carry Givenchy so I knew I had to pick this up when I saw a Givenchy station at a Sephora that was farther away.  I've seen a couple Japanese youtubers talk about this product and had been wanting to try it for a while.


Sephora $30

It looks like just a normal tube of clear lipgloss, but would I really spend $30 on just clear lipgloss? nope. haha This lipgloss actually changes color on your lips and adjusts to the "perfect pink".  It sounds really gimmicky but ... I still got sucked in to buying it. 

The packaging is very classy and cute as well.  It comes with a brush applicator so it is easy to get precise application.  My favorite part would be the cap - it's mirrored and it has the Givenchy logo in pink on top.  It's so cute :D



The applicator:

Scent:  It has a sweet rose scent to it, but the scent isn't overpowering. Personally, I think it smells like the Givenchy Rouge Interdit lipstick but the scent is stronger and sweeter.

Lasting Power: This definitely is not a sticky gloss, so it doesn't last as long. But it feels smooth and moisturizing on the lips. The color also doesn't stain so compared to other darker colored glosses, the color wears off faster too.  But, I think the whole point of this gloss is to add a slight pink tint to your natural lip color so it doesn't bother me that the gloss doesn't last very long.  It's definitely my go-to lipgloss for days where I don't feel like applying anything thick/sparkly/bold on my lips. 

Swatch:



Overall:
I do think that this lip gloss was overpriced but I'm glad that I picked it up. I probably won't be picking up any other Givenchy lip glosses anytime soon but I thought that the formula would be great for people who don't like sticky glosses.  I sometimes have a problem with my lips peeling when I use new lip products but this gloss didn't irritate my lips at all and left my lips feeling moisturized. Like I said above, this is my go-to gloss for a natural look.  You could always use this lip gloss to top off any colored lipstick, but I think the color adjusting quality makes it cool enough! haha If you are looking for a little high end "treat yourself" gift, this would be a great pick! 

Let me know what you guys think of Givenchy products! I definitely want to try more when I get the chance too :)

post signature

Comments