NUXE Rêve de Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick

If you have been reading my blog from a couple months back, I posted a Spring/Summer Makeup Wishlist (here) and I mentioned I wanted to try the NUXE Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. But, that was before I realized that it was $19 for 0.5 oz.  I decided that I didn't really need that lip balm that bad even though it had great reviews....  Until, I came across the NUXE Rêve de Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick on amazon for $9.  (And thank you to anyone who has been following my blog for that long, I know I've been slacking on my posts recently ><)

amazon.com ($9)

I know that $9 is still a lot for a lip balm, but since I had an amazon giftcard, I decided to go for it.  



When I first opened the packaging, I was disappointed because the balm had fallen out and the top was already squished.  But, that was most likely my fault because my amazon order was sitting outside in the heat for a couple of hours.  Anyways, I squished the balm back in and everything was fine. haha  But the tip of the balm is probably supposed to be more slanted.  Mine is already worn down :(

The packaging is nice and sturdy.  The cap locks into place easily and it reminds me of the Nivea stick lip balm packaging.

The scent reminds me of lemons. It's lemons mixed with something...and I can't figure out what the other half is.  On the packaging, it says that the lip balm is made with honey and sunflower so maybe the other part is the mixture of those two?  The scent doesn't bother me, but it's not sweet smelling or artificially scented like a lot of other lip balms.  If you don't like the scent, it does wear away and it's also not that strong so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

The balm glides on super smooth and it's very soothing to apply. There's no cooling sensation but it's still soothing.  I love applying this.  This balm also doesn't irritate my lips at all!  I like to use my Burt's Bees lip balm but it stings my lips when my lips are already chapped.  This one has no stinging and it moisturized my lips.  

Overall,
This lip balm ranks in my top 3 lip balms.  It's great for my sensitive lips and it keeps them moisturized.  I just don't like the price tag.  I've been using this sparingly, but I think that if it runs out I'll probably end up buying it again or even the $19 one.  Supposedly, the $19 one is more thick and great for night time use, so I might need to try that out as well.

post signature

Comments